Maximum of 6 participants. Applications close Oct.15th.( You will be notified if this workshop does not proceed.)
This workshop is designed as a follow up for those who have completed an Introduction to Etching workshop over recent years, or would like to extend their current skills in etching.
Workshop Date: Sunday October 21st from 9.30 am – 4.30 pm.
Topics to be covered include: –
- Sugar Lift
- White ground
- Tusche resist grounds
- Spit bite
- Scraping and burnishing
- A demonstration on two-plate colour printing
The emphasis will be on testing processes using copper plates.
Cost: $80 for Bittondi members, $100 for non Bittondi members
What materials are supplied?
I will supply you with one copper plate 200 x 150 mm and printing inks as part of this cost.
( you may bring your own additional small plate if you choose )
Things to bring
- Nitrile disposable gloves
- Paper: – 1 sheet of rag paper ( e.g. any of the following in the thickness range of 250 – 300 gsm Fabriano, Rives, Arches, Saunders, Hahnemuehle )
- Notebook, pen and pencil.
- Masking tape,
- A pointed synthetic brush ( No.4 – 6 ) and a flat synthetic or hair brush approx 1 cm wide.
- A shallow lidded box ( e.g. empty plastic sleeves box,or photographic paper box etc) to protect and transport plates.
- Please bring something for your lunch!
Please contact Geoff at email@example.com to register your interest in this workshop.
 Major art supply shops should have at least one of these papers, e.g. Premier Art Supplies in Kent Town, Duthy St. art supplies, Art Stretchers corner Morphett St. & Light Square, Eckersleys in King William St. in the city.