An introduction to etching based on a two-day workshop at the Bittondi Printmakers Association Inc Workshop at Aberfoyle Park.
Sunday 26th March. 10.00a.m. – 4.15 p.m. and
Sunday 2nd April 10.00.a.m. – 4.15 p.m.
The workshop will cover a range of etching and printing techniques using copper etching plates. Processes to be covered include:-
- preparing copper plates for etching
- selection of images, interpreting line and tone via etching processes
- Applying hard and soft grounds for line work
- Safe use of mordants for etching and biting procedures
- Theory and practice of aquatint, applying rosin and biting tones.
The second day will include printing variations in colour via relief and intaglio combinations and the use of chine collé.
Cost: $70 per day for members. ($80 per day for non members), based on a minimum class size of 4 and a maximum of 6.
I will supply you with one copper plate 200 x 150 mm and printing inks as part of this cost.
Enquiries and Bookings
For further details and bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org Bookings close on Friday 17th .March.
Payment must be made from 9.30 a.m. on Sunday 26 th March before the start of the first session.
Things to bring on the first day:-
- Nitrile disposable gloves
- Paper: – 2 sheets of rag paper ( e.g. any of the following in the thickness range of 250 – 300 gsm Fabriano, Rives, Arches, Saunders, Stonehenge, Hahnemuehle )
- Notebook, pen and pencil.
- A range of small drawings in pen and wash to fit a 200 x 150 mm plate.
- A pointed synthetic brush ( No.4 – 6 ) and a flat synthetic or hair brush approx 1 cm wide.
- A few cotton rags
- A shallow lidded box ( e.g. empty plastic sleeves box,or photographic paper box etc.to protect and transport plates )
- Protective clothing ( old shirt/ apron/ dustcoat )
- A pin vice needle ( can be obtained from some major art supply shops ) or alternative etching needle. ( I can supply a few if you’re stuck )