This one-day-workshop will provide you with the basic elements of screen printing and will introduce you to an economic way of setting up your own silk screen frame from scratch; something you can easily replicate at home using non-toxic materials.
Each participant will copy their own design to the screen using drawing fluid and screen filler. Then, three different layers of colour will be printed using a reduction technique. Each participant will walk away with at least four prints, and their design on the screen printing frame.
Cost: $120 for non Bittondi members (this includes a 1-year associate membership for Bittondi Printmakers Association), $100 for Bittondi members
- Limit: max 6 people (minimum 3 to run the workshop)
- Suitable for beginners or more experienced printmakers, come and refresh your skills or fill your Professional Development for the 2018 with this great workshop.
- Non-toxic, water-based materials used (all included).What to bring:
- A couple of designs or ideas suitable for an area slightly smaller than an A4 size sheet (size of a standard photocopy paper). Remember we are going to use two or three colours printed in layers one on top of the other.
- If you would like to experiment, bring additional printmaking paper or fabric materials (4 A3-sheets of Canson drawing paper 220gsm plus proofing paper will be provided).
- Comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting stained.
- Light lunch and drinks (there is a small oven, a microwave and a fridge at Bittondi).
To confirm your attendance, please contact Camilo at email@example.com or 04-33-432-338. A deposit of $50 is required before the 1st of July in order to buy the materials for the workshop.